Gandevi is a small village in the Navsari district of Gujarat. There are many small villages around Gandevi and the town of Bilimora lies at a distance of 8 kms from Gandevi. One can say that Gandevi is a progressive village as the people of Gandevi have always given importance to education. The first school was started in Gandevi in 1854. The school progressed over the years and under the same Trust there are four schools in the present day.
One of the four schools is The Jamshed and Shirin Guzder English Medium School. In the year 2000 the school was started to provide English education to the students of Gandevi, to meet with the need of the day. The students had to commute to the neighbouring towns for English education. The local people whole heartedly supported the school. The strength of the school increased by leaps and bounds. We have classes from Playgroup to Std XII Commerce. Today the school has 1150 students and a staff of 60 to cater to their needs.
The management and staff have strived to provide quality education to the students in this rural school. All round development of the child is the prime objective of the school. No stone is left unturned to achieve this goal. Smart classes with audio and visual aids, science laboratory, computer lab, library, internet access, nutritious and healthy food, pure drinking water, hygienic environment are some of the facilities available to the students.
The following infrastructural facilities are available for the students:
- Classrooms – a total of 26 classrooms for the students of classes from Nursery to Std 12th. The classrooms have interactive boards with audio visual aids and supporting software.
- Multipurpose halls – two halls for co curricular activities like yoga, karate, music, indoor games, parents’ meetings, competitions, class assembly, etc.
- Library – A library with a wide range of story books, reference books, magazines, biographies and internet facility.
- Science Laboratory – A well equipped science laboratory for students to perform experiments.
- Computer Lab – A full-fledged computer lab with 20 computers and projector and audio visual aids.
- Kitchen – A state-of-art kitchen with modern and efficient equipments to provide healthy and nutritious breakfast and lunch to the students and staff.
- Dining Hall – Dining hall for students and staff to have lunch and breakfast.
- R.O. Plant – Clean drinking water is an important aspect of maintaining good health. An R.O. Plant has been installed to provide clean drinking water.
- Play area – The tiny tots enjoy free play the most. The play area for these kiddies consists of playground equipment with slides, swings, sea-saws, etc.
At GEMS we strive to extend a strong infrastructure that can provide the best possible facilities as well as the right ambience for all the -Teaching – learning, co-curricular and extra curricular activities. These facilities aid in providing the students with a healthy and balanced environment conducive for learning. The school staff works tirelessly to support their students. From teachers cultivating curiosity to food service staff dishing up nutritious meals, the dedication of school staff is evident!
School Timing :
|Pre Primary Section||Primary Section||Secondary and Higher secondary section|
|Monday to Friday||8:30am to 12:00 noon||8:30 am to 1:30 pm||8:30 am to 1:30 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am to 11:15 am||8:00 am to 11:15 am|